“THE FAR NORTH GIVEAWAY” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
“THE FAR NORTH GIVEAWAY” Sweepstakes and any advertisement relating thereto is intended for participation only by legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. These SWEEPSTAKES shall be construed according to and governed exclusively by United States law. Do not participate in this SWEEPSTAKES if you do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth below.
- ELIGIBILITY: “THE FAR NORTH GIVEAWAY” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Employees of WESN (the “Sponsor”), Urban Armor Gear, LLC, and their respective, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion partners and internet agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively "Released Parties") and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and grandparent) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- TIMING:The Sweepstakes begins on October 20th, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 31st, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
- Method 1: Automatically via a purchase.– Eligible entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry for every $1.00 USD spent on eligible purchases at WESN at www.wesn.com during the Promotion Period. Your purchase transaction must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31st, 2022 to be eligible to receive entries into this Sweepstakes. The number of entries you receive will be based on the list price of your eligible purchase (excludes discounts, sales tax and shipping charges) and will be rounded up to the nearest U.S. dollar. If a purchase is returned prior to the drawing, entry/ies associated with that purchase will be voided. All purchases are subject to Sponsor’s return policy.
- Method 2: Sign up for email newsletter. – Eligible entrants that sign up to receive the e-newsletter at www.wesn.com will automatically earn three (3) entries into the Sweepstakes. Maximum of six entries per person (email address) (3 entries per each websites newsletter sign up). Entries received in excess of limit as stated will be void. Entrants must sign up for the e-newsletter during the Promotion Period. You must sign up by 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31st, 2022 to be eligible to receive entries into this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to receive the e-newsletter until 11:59:59 PM ET on January 6th, 2023 and may unsubscribe anytime thereafter.
- Method 4: Mail-in entry – NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER. To enter without making a purchase, signing up to receive newsletters, etc. via email and/or text , on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper, hand print your complete first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), e-mail address plus daytime telephone number including area code. Mail your entry in a #10 business-size envelope with first-class postage affixed to: THE FAR NORTH GIVEAWAY, PO Box 381132, Clinton Twp., MI 48038. Your outer-mailing envelope must include a valid return address, which includes a complete first and last name. Mailed entries received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and invalid. Limit one entry per outer-mailing envelope. Bulk shipments (multiple entries in one shipping package) will not be accepted. Mail-in entry, including outer-mailing envelope must be handwritten. No mechanically reproduced entries or metered mail permitted. Statements contained in a mail-in entry will not be judged but statement submitted must be unique; Statements must not in any way reflect negatively upon Sponsor, the Promotion or any other person or entity. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 24th, 2022 and received by December 30th, 2022. Each mail-in envelope will count as five (5) entries, provided that the mail-in entry complies with the above requirements.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TEXTS: Message and data rates may apply for each text message sent or received. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all mobile telephone providers carry the service necessary to participate. Entrants should consult their wireless provider’s pricing plans. By responding “YES” to the initial text sent by the brand, you provide to the Sponsor your express consent to receive text messages using automated technology. Consent to receive text messages is not required or a condition of any purchase. An entrant may, at any time, choose to stop receiving texts by sending an optout text message stating “STOP”. If an entrant sends an opt-out text message, he/she will be sent a reply text message, which will confirm that he/she has been unsubscribed and will receive no further text messages. For help, text the word “HELP”. Each Text Message Entry must be manually key stroked/entered by the entrant. Messages split into more than one text transmission count as a single message. Proof of text message does not constitute proof of delivery or entry. Normal phone/usage/subscription access charges imposed by your phone service provider will apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. The Sponsor (or Released Parties) is not responsible for service outages, message failures, transmission delays, or any other factor affecting the availability or performance of the text messaging service.
ENTRY MULTIPLIER: Throughout the Promotion Period, the Sponsor at its sole discretion, may announce opportunities to increase the number of entries you may earn (via a purchase or mail-in entry) by a multiplier (multiples may include: 2 times (2X), and 4 times (4X), (each an “Entry Multiplier”)). Timing for an Entry Multiplier offer will be determined solely by the Sponsor and will be announced by the Sponsor on www.wesn.com. When an Entry Multiplier is offered, entries earned via a purchase will be automatically multiplied by the applicable Entry Multiplier. For example, if entering via a purchase totaling $25 (excluding shipping, handling and tax) during a 2X Entry Multiplier offer you will earn 50 entries.
If entering without purchase via a mail-in, follow directions for mail-in entries above and hand-write the words “ENTRY MULTIPLIER” and the Entry Multiplier (as described above) being offered on the bottom left-hand side of your outer-mailing envelope. Entrant will earn the appropriate “ENTRY MULTIPLIER” amount as long as the entry is postmarked on and received by the specified date(s) at www.wesn.com. Your mail-in entry must have a postmark that corresponds to the date an Entry Multiplier is offered and received within 5 days of the offer’s deadline. If the “ENTRY MULTIPLIER” offer falls on a Sunday or federal holiday, the mail-in entry must be postmarked the following business day immediately following the offer and received within the next 5 days. Mail in entries received that comply with all the above requirements will receive the applicable number of entries for the respective multiplier offered (e.g., ENTRY MULTIPLIER 2X = 10 entries per mailing envelope, etc.).
Mail-in entries that are not in the format specified above, that are illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, or reproduced via photocopier or otherwise will be considered null and void. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due entries or entries not received by the deadline. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into; requests for confirmation of receipt of mail-in entries will not be acknowledged.
BONUS ENTRIES:During the Promotion Period, the Sponsor at its sole discretion, may announce opportunities to earn bonus entries via a purchase or mail-in entry (a “Bonus Entry Period”).
There is a limit of 100 bonus entries per person/per Bonus Entry Period, regardless of method of entry. Timing for a Bonus Entry offer will be determined solely by the Sponsor and will be announced by the Sponsor on www.wesn.com.
- RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing to select one Grand Prize winner will be conducted on or about January 5th, 2023 from all eligible online purchases, email newsletter and text sign-up, and mail-in entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by WESN. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible online purchases and mail-in entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Prize award is subject to eligibility verification. Potential winner will be notified by email and/or phone by WESN. Potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release. All required Documents must be returned within 5 days (including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) of attempted delivery of the same. Failure to return properly completed Documents within the specified time, failure to respond to a notification within the time period stated or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate may be selected. In the event a potential winner is deemed ineligible, fails to comply with the Official Rules or is unable to claim the prize as specified, the potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize award is contingent on eligibility verification and potential winner completing and returning all required Documents. Only three (3) random drawings to select an alternate winner (if necessary) will be conducted, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. By accepting a prize, winner understands and agrees that they may be videotaped, recorded and/or photographed as part of a prize award ceremony. Rights to any prize ceremony video, audio and/or photo belong solely to the Sponsor and can be used in any media throughout the world in perpetuity and in any manner at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation to the winner or any third party.
SCAM ALERT- Protect yourself from scams.If you are selected as a potential winner in one of our Sweepstakes, WESN will contact you via the phone number and/or the email address you provided on your order/mail-in entry form.You will NEVER be asked to provide a credit card, bank information or a payment of any kind as a condition of a prize award. Those are sure signs of sweepstakes scams. We will NOT use social media to contact winners of the Sweepstakes we offer on www.wesn.com. Prize winnings must be reported to the IRS when filing your tax returns, and any federal or state income taxes would need to be paid by you directly to the IRS.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize – Verified winner will receive an all inclusive trip to Sweden for two valued at $10,000 for each individual. A second place winner will win great from Urban Armor Gear valuing $3,000. A third place winner will win Gear from Dometic and WESN totaling $2,000.
Winner will be solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein. The value of the prize is taxable as income and Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS form 1099 for the total value of the prize as stated herein. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- RELEASE: Entrants/winner agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties and their respective successors and assigns from and against any claim or cause of action or liability (including but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property) arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance/receipt/travel to and/or from prize pick up location/use or misuse of the prize, or the use of any photo/video/entry, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of theOfficial Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
By accepting a prize, winner understands and agrees that they may be videotaped, recorded and/or photographed as part of a prize award ceremony. Rights to any prize ceremony video, audio and/or photo belong solely to the Sponsor and can be used in any media throughout the world in perpetuity and in any manner at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation to the winner or any third party.
- NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/e-mail/internet transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if for any reason, the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event beyond the Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic/pandemic, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any force majeure event or if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/it’s agencies, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and a drawing to award the Grand Prize will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination.The failure of the Released Parties to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, epidemic/pandemic, act of public enemies or any act outside of the Sponsor’s control/force majeure event, will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the online order form or mail-in entry. Any damage made to the Website by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS LIST: The name of the Grand Prize Winner will be announced at www.wesn.com or about January 5th, 2023, or after the Grand prize winner has been verified.